Tuesday 6 November 2012

3D Shapes

Today we started learning about the 3D Shapes. We learned that all 3D shapes have 3 mearurements to describe them; height, length and width. We also learned that 3D shapes have faces, vertices and edges. We explored each of these properties for the followow 3D shapes and then we found real life examples in the classroom of some of the 3D shapes. See some of the items we found below.

 
A ball is an example of a sphere.

 
These are examples of cylinders.

 
Our raffle box is a cuboid.

 
The globe is a sphere.


A ribix CUBE!


Your task tonight is to find examples of the following 3D shapes at home:
cube
cuboid
triangular prism
cylinder
cone
pyramid
sphere
    Post a comment here to let us know what you find!
 
When you have done that, have a go at the shape brain teasers below.
 
Have fun!!



2 comments:

  1. I went to my friend's birthday party yesterday and the party hat I was wearing was in the shape of a cone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad was in Frace for the weekend and he brought me home a huge bar of chocolate in the shape of a triangular prism.
    I got 5/5 on the brainteasers!

    ReplyDelete